Alta Animal Hospital is a progressive, multi-doctor small animal practice in beautiful Pocatello, Idaho. With a population of about 65,000 nestled in a valley of a mountainous area, “Poky” keeps a small-town feel. Our hospital is in a new, free-standing building that backs up to a park. Located in the Southeastern area of the state, Pocatello is the home of Idaho State University and is within a 2 and 1/2 hour driving distance from Salt Lake City, Sun Valley, ID, Jackson Hole, WY, or Yellowstone Nat'l Park. Alta currently has 3 staff veterinarians. We have a great client base and a terrific support staff. The clients love that they feel like family when they visit and choose us for the advanced veterinary care we provide.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
· Modern building with 3 exam rooms, treatment area, surgery suite, radiology room, etc.
· In-house laboratory capabilities and referral labs for advanced lab services
· Digital dental and whole body x-ray system and relationship with consulting radiologists
· Advanced veterinary dentistry equipment
· Excellent anesthesia options and modern surgical monitoring capabilities
· Endoscope in-clinic for endoscopic, laparoscopic, otoscopic and rhinoscopic procedures
· Complete pharmacy and relationship with referral pharmacies for compounding or other needs
· Avimark practice management software
Pocatello provides museums, golf courses, a zoo, great outdoor activities, a historic downtown district, and boasts a low cost of living.
The area is well-represented with churches, social and service organizations, shopping areas, restaurants, etc.
Outdoor recreation activities abound, including hiking, fishing, hunting, skiing, and world-class rock-climbing and kayaking.