Brookside Animal Hospital located in Coral Springs, Florida, is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
Brookside Animal Hospital, located in beautiful South Florida, is an exceptionally busy, progressive veterinary hospital that practices the very highest quality medicine, surgery and dentistry. We take the utmost pride in our client communication and team approach to cases.
Coral Springs, FL is a vibrant, suburban community in the Northwest corner of Broward County. We are 15 miles from the beaches and nestled between Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton. Coral Springs/Parkland are affluent cities with A rated schools and are currently experiencing a dramatic increase in population and new housing. Broward county has many veterinary referral hospitals that support our general practice including emergency and overnight care. Coral Springs/Parkland have won accolades for it’s overall livability, low crime rate and family friendly orientation.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
· Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
· Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
· Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
· Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
· Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
· Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
· Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
· Manages time and tasks appropriately.
· Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
· Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Internal Number: 2033
About Brookside Animal Hospital
Our Why: For the love of animals and the people who love them.
Our Mission: To improve the comfort and well-being of pets by providing progressive and compassionate care. We develop a community of animal hospitals and pet resorts that share knowledge to achieve sustainable growth.
Our Values: We value teamwork, integrity, service excellence, innovation and goal orientation.