Ocean View Veterinary Hospital, a state-of-the-art veterinary clinic located in the heart of Cape May County, New Jersey, is looking to add an associate DVM to our dynamic team. Cape May Courthouse, your quintessential summer family shore town, is only 15 miles from New Jersey’s finest beaches and historic downtown Cape May. The area offers some of the best local cuisine and craft boutiques around. If you are looking for some entertainment, Atlantic City is only 30 minutes away offering top-notch entertainment, gambling, and famous restaurants. Coming to work at Ocean View offers you the ability to live, work, and play all within your backyard.
Ocean View Veterinary Hospital is the leading pet care facility in Cape May County. We are the only emergency and general hospital in the County. Our hospital is equipped with the latest equipment such as digital portable radiology, ultrasounds, Schneider ICU oxygen cages, endoscopes, and much more. Our experienced team of 30 plus employees allows us to handle emergencies, sick patients, hospitalization, and many soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries.
Our ideal candidate would have to qualify and demonstrate the requirements listed below:
• Wellness exams focusing on educating the client on the importance of vaccinations, heart worm treatments, flea and tick treatments and other aspects of preventive care
• Sick/Problem visits that focus on determining the nature of disease or injury through exam and diagnostics
• Manage hospitalized/inpatients during the duration of the shift
• Cultivate positive relationships with clients and their pets through regular communication
• Perform surgeries such as growth removals, foreign body, mastectomy, etc.
• Assist in training and developing veterinary technician staff and positive work environment
• Have a desire to learn and develop surgical skills on advanced procedures
• Be able to handle a heavy case load while treating and working on several cases simultaneously
Ocean View believes that investing in our staff is the key to our future. We offer very competitive compensation packages, 401k, medical benefits, PTO, and fully paid continued education opportunities.
Our ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience and must be familiar and comfortable with routine surgeries and be willing to train and develop on advanced procedures. Please feel free to learn more about our clinic at oceanviewvetnj.com.
AmeriVet’s unique approach to acquisitions allows owners to retain control of the day to day operations of their veterinary practices while maximizing the total proceeds received when they ultimately exit. Our Veterinary Partners benefit from becoming part of a larger team with the ability to leverage operational and industry best practices should they so choose. Staff and customers are completely unaffected by the transition.